Friday 1 July 2011

What to do with summer...

Well it's officially summer. I can tell by the sweltering heat, the hundredth party invite on the radio and my burning desire to camp out (scantily clad in a bikini) on the nearest beach.

I don't have any elaborate plans for the summer. I usually keep my summer plans simple (Beach + A Party or Two + Earning some extra income + learning something new - last year I took beginner's Japanese). The plan more or less is the same.

I'll spend the first three weeks teaching summer school (extra earnings), definitely hit the beach a couple of times and I see a couple of parties on the schedule ;) Under the learn something new category I started to seek an internship (voluntary) with a lawyer or law firm.

Will spend this weekend tweaking my resume and application letter. The course I hear will be most difficult and has a high failure rate is Legal Methods, Research and Writing. I am hoping I can do some volunteer work which will also help me to ace this course.

If you fail to prepare...prepare to fail... I believe goes double. I'll leave as little up to chance as possible so I have a higher probability of success.

The backup plan is to read, read, read... Trying to get past notes from someone who has done it before (mostly cause I like being one of those know-it-all people who come to class with the answers more than I like hating know-it-alls because I don't know s**t).

Fortune favors the prepared...So while summer is about enjoying my last summer before the eternal harsh winter of reality...it is also about preparation for me (in between the beach).

No comments:

Post a Comment