Sunday 17 July 2011

Registration Completed, more summer...

I have selected four modules for semester 1 in my first year. These are Law and Legal Systems, Law and Society, Law Methods, Research and Writing and finally Academic Writing (Blah). I really should be exempted from the last course BUT the people in administration tell me that since my degree is over five years old...I have to redo this course. I'm not happy about this, but then again I love writing so it's not as big an issue, just an inconvenience. Having selected the courses and scheduled my class times all that is left is my tuition payment and enrollment (planned for August).

Now I'm enjoying some well deserved rest in between teaching summer school. While I am allowing myself to sleep a bit later (Oh how I enjoy rest :) I am working on the health area of myself. Building a habit of daily exercise, eating balanced meals and taking my vitamins.

So I've pulled the exercise bike (I bought with my first paycheck but almost never used) out of corner, re-inflated my exercise ball and have taken my five pound weights out of the closet. I know the important role physical activity plays in maintaining a sound mind and energy level I will need for my greatest challenge yet...(should already play a huge role in my life I know)...LAW SCHOOL +  A FULL-TIME JOB.

I don't like all kinds of exercises. I am partial to kick boxing, crunches, aerobics and weight lifting (interesting since I weight less than 100lbs). I don't like jogging, step exercises or anything that requires a lot of coordination. I definitely don't need expensive gym membership (although I don't mind it) and I am perfectly fine working out at home. I look forward to being on campus because I will definitely pass through the gym there.

Currently my eating habits are awful...I skip meals, then over eat, I definitely eat unbalanced meals and I am partial to sugary treats :) Yes I'm a chocoholic ;)

A great site I've found to be helpful is http://www.choosemyplate.gov/. Now I have an understanding what to eat, how much and I'm going grocery shopping next week with a weekly menu in mind.

For vitamins, I start with a good multivitamin, add iron with folic acid (because I'm anemic), add calcium with vitamin D tablets, add Vitamin C tablets (I get sick often) and vitamin E (mostly for my hair).

So a bit of update to my summer plans....health and wellness...fun and sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment