Sunday 4 September 2011

Law School - The first week

The first week of school hasn't left much time for blogging (no surprise). I have spent much time waiting in lines for administrative matters such as my ID card, Medical, access to campus Wifi, etc. No real teaching was done this week as we received outlines, recommended texts and readings to do for next week. Most of what I am feeling at this point is anxiety and curious mixture of excitement.

The course I am least worried about is Academic Writing because a) I've done it before at various levels of my education and b) I love to write and already have a good grasp of Standard English.

The course I most interested in Legal writing, methods and research. It seems like the basis for thinking like a lawyer (getting that language right), a fundamental for getting good grades in everything else and paramount to understanding the mountain of legal documents (that currently seem like gibberish).

The course I think I'm gonna love the most is Law and Legal System. The first clue was that I really liked the lecturer (she's very plain spoken, organized and clear in what she wants). I think this one will be hard work but fun too.

Law and Society is still a mystery since the lecturer was still off the island so we had no outline, recommended text, etc. I busied the week with reading up on the functions and purpose of Law in society.

This week I will have work, school, private tutoring in Maths and English and training my teachers at work in IT skills. I will try to settle a regime for those before I undertake internship. There is also my commitment to Girl Guides (scouts) on the outskirts of all I have to do. Not thinking about it lest I go mad. Somehow all will fall in place after all failure is not an option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment