Thursday 30 June 2011

pre-judging classmates...

It's very early in the morning (4 am) and mostly I am not a morning person, however, I have an obsessive mind that sometimes takes me out of my comfortable box and have me writing at 4 am. At 4 am I am pondering what to wear to law classes...like really...I'll be coming from work so it'll be what I wear to my teaching job. So I move the ponder the next important issue, I will need suits for court observation sessions and I should look it to getting some tailor made, since I'm overly tiny and generic suits are unlikely to fit me.

See what I mean by an obsessive mind? None of this has any significance in the now. In a meek effort to control my wandering thought process, I have spent a couple hours reading my current favorite blog  the recovering lawyer.

Her article Let's set the record straight reminded me much of my Pre-Registration Forum for law school I had last week. Like her I did a little pre-judging of my fellow classmates. When the faculty adviser asked if anyone knew the Dean (Past Attorney General and now Queen's Council) seriously rolled my eyes at the girl who said my Dad obviously knows him. Although I wasn't trying hard to chat-up anyone, everyone pretty much kept to themselves and I did experience a moment of trepidation that I was entering a den of sharks.

The faculty adviser reminded us that the University has enough paper to print everyone's Degrees. That's nice to know. The fact that she mentioned it, like people who tell you not to look down, suggest that something is there....I am hoping the experience will be full of good lifelong friendships amid all the intensely, insane, hard work. I have confidence in my socializing skills, after all, I am pretty far from being an introvert but sometimes saying "hi" is daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment